Meet the MAX Coaches
The MAX Founders and Directors will personally mentor you through the Diploma and Advanced Diploma programmes and into your career as a successful Personal Trainer.
This means you will not be sitting in a classroom and getting general information as your mentoring will be specific to your goals and your individual needs.
Kerry and Rowena McEvoy and Steve Barry collectively have more than 70 years of experience in the Fitness Industry and in Banking and Finance. It is this experience that will make your personalised mentoring rewarding, memorable and fun.
Savvy Steve Barry
Cert III and IV in Fit, Adv Dip Bus, Fit Bus Dip, Dip Bus, Cert IV Bus Dev, Cert IV Bus Man
- Director of Max International College for Fitness Professionals
- Owner of 2 Pro Fitness Health Clubs with over 5000 members
- Part owner of 4 Health Clubs with over 10 000 members
- New Zealand Fitness Club of the Year Winner
- 15 years as a Senior level Corporate and Commercial Banker
- Lost 40 kg from overweight Corporate Banker to become a Gym Owner
- New Zealand Body Building Champion
- National Junior level Golfer
- Premier level Cricketer
- Competitive Age Group Road Cyclist